Webinar: DVB-I Service Lists & Programme Information (April 2020)
Q&A – most were dealt with live, but some answers were typed also.
The DVB-I specification, published in November 2019, defines DVB-I Service Lists, a means for internet-connected devices to find curated sets of linear television services that may be delivered through broadband or broadcast mechanisms. It also defines the methods to retrieve electronic programme data for those services, which can be integrated into a single coherent offering that is accessed through a consistent user interface.
The webinar begins with a short introduction from Paul Higgs, who is the chair of DVB’s TM-I working group.
This webinar is the second part of a three-part series based on the pre-conference masterclass that was planned for DVB World 2020. The conference was cancelled owing to concerns around COVID-19.
The other webinars in this series are:
See also the December 2019 webinar providing a general overview of the DVB-I specification.
Date and time
Wednesday 1 April, 14:00 CEST
- Paul Higgs, Business and Technology Development at Huawei Technologies Co. (UK) Ltd
- Nicholas Frame, Standardization Manager at TP Vision
- Aggregation of services into service lists – trust in services and service lists
- Announcement of service lists
- Service list aspects and data model – what can be done (regionalized LCNs, availability window based service switches)
- Content metadata endpoints and how to use them to create a TV guide experience