Webinar: Building a reference client for DVB-I
The DVB-I specification was published in November 2019. Prior to its publication, DVB issued a Request for Proposals to develop a reference client application for DVB-I, with goal of accelerating deployment of the specification.
Selected on the basis of the RfP issued by DVB, Sofia Digital has undertaken the development of a reference client for DVB-I, with the code to be published under an open source license. This webinar will explain the approaches and design used in the reference client, along with the different application models and how services are managed within the client.
The webinar will begin with a short introduction from Paul Higgs, who is the chair of DVB’s TM-I working group.
This webinar is the third part of a three-part series based on the pre-conference masterclass that was planned for DVB World 2020. The conference was cancelled owing to concerns around COVID-19.
The other webinars in this series are:
Date and time
Monday 6 April, 14:00 CEST
The webinar will use the Zoom platform. Register to receive a sign-in link.
If you have trouble joining the webinar, please follow the advice provided by Zoom here.
- Paul Higgs, Business and Technology Development at Huawei Technologies Co. (UK) Ltd
- Juha Joki, Director of Broadcast and Testing at Sofia Digital
- Application models: HbbTV vs Native vs Webform; TVs vs mobile devices
- Media/service instance management (latency, switching, etc)
- Approaches & design used in the DVB-I Reference Client
- Application business and ensuring a seamless experience between broadcast and broadband delivered services