Working together to design open technical specifications for digital media delivery.
As a DVB Member you can…
- …contribute to and influence the development of new DVB technical specifications, with the right to stand for Steering Board election.
- …gain an early view of specifications in development through DVB meetings, documents and email lists.
- …have FREE unlimited access to all DVB working group meetings, documents and email lists for ALL your employees.
- …gain access to leading international industry experts through DVB meetings and events.
- …promote your products and services by collaborating on DVB technology demos at key exhibitions and conferences.
- …benefit from privileged access to new markets through DVB workshops.
- …gain additional exposure for your company by contributing to DVB events and publications.
- …take advantage of preferential rates to attend and exhibit at the annual DVB World conference.
- …become part of the DVB community, the most successful organization of its kind!
The initial membership fee is EUR 2,000 and covers membership until 31 December of the current calendar year.
In subsequent years you will be invoiced the Regular Membership Fee, which is currently set at EUR 8,000. The fee is set annually by the Steering Board and approved by the General Assembly.
Resourcing your membership
DVB members are expected to contribute actively to the work of the modules and their sub-groups, so it will be necessary to resource your membership of the DVB Project by assigning employees to follow and contribute to the work of the groups that are relevant to your business.
To qualify for Membership, your activities should be within one of the four categories of DVB Membership:
- Content providers, broadcasters
- Infrastructure providers, network operators
- Manufacturers, software suppliers
- Governments, national regulatory bodies
Academic institutions are also welcome to apply for membership.
How to apply
To become member of the DVB Project, your organization is required sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). Individual amendments to the MoU are not taken into consideration.
To apply for membership, send an application request presenting your organization and its field of activities to Eva Markvoort, Head of the DVB Project Office.
DVB Project Office
17a Ancienne Route
CH-1218 Grand Sacconnex
- The DVB Project Office will acknowledge your application and the DVB Steering Board will decide if your organization qualifies for membership.
- If this is the case, you will receive the necessary documentation to be signed and an invoice covering the initial membership fee.
- Upon receipt of the fee payment and signed documentation, your membership will be confirmed.