Webinar: Making a case for DVB-MABR (July 2020)
In February 2020, the DVB Steering Board approved a new specification for adaptive bit-rate streaming over multicast, DVB-MABR. The solution enables the efficient mass distribution of linear and non-linear media across multicast-enabled IP networks.
With the DVB-MABR specification set to be published as an ETSI standard in due course, the focus has now shifted to implementation. This webinar presents several business cases for DVB-MABR, with real-world examples of the kinds of service it enables.
For a technical overview of DVB-MABR, see this webinar from March 2020.
Date and time
Friday 10 July 2020, 14:00-15:00 CEST
The webinar will be introduced by Christophe Burdinat (ENENSYS Technologies), who leads the DVB-MABR task force within the DVB Commercial Module. There will be panellists from three DVB Members that offer products and services related to DVB-MABR:
- Williams Tovar, Solution Pre-sales Manager with ENENSYS Technologies
- Julien Lemotheux, Standardization Expert with Orange Labs
- Xavier Leclercq, VP Business Development with Broadpeak
- Introduction (Christophe Burdinat)
- The case for DVB-MABR – OTT over Sat (Williams Tovar)
- The case for DVB-MABR – The case for DVB-MABR – Next Gen IPTV (Julien Lemotheux)
- The case for DVB-MABR – Scaling CDNs (Xavier Leclercq)
- The case for DVB-MABR – CDN Backhauling (Williams Tovar)