Webinar: Beam hopping in DVB-S2X (March 2020)
In 2019, the DVB-S2X specification was updated to add support for beam hopping. In multi-beam satellite systems, beam hopping enables efficient and flexible use of satellite resources for applications such as VoIP, cellular backhaul, Internet of Things, maritime and in-flight connectivity and government.
This webinar explains how beam hopping fits into the DVB-S2X specification and some considerations for its implementation.
Date and time
Monday 30 March, 14:00 CEST
- Nader Alagha – ESA ESTEC (European Space Research and Technology Centre)
- Avi Freedman – Satixfy
- Peter Nayler – EASii IC
- Requirements for beam hopping
- System scenarios and channel models
- General description of new formats for beam hopping
- Example system configurations
- System performance in selected scenarios
- Standard introduction to the market