Webinar: Using Targeted Advertising on Broadcast Television (Part 2)
Targeted Advertising in linear television services allows broadcasters and ad agencies to offer attractive new opportunities to advertisers, who can now use connected TVs as an additional digital touchpoint alongside apps and websites on smartphones, tablets and PCs.
The new suite of complementary specifications from the DVB Project and the HbbTV Association are market-ready, bringing the benefits of a standards-based approach.
This mini-series of webinars will focus on the business opportunities and on the steps broadcasters can take to implement the DVB-TA and HbbTV-TA specifications and solutions.
Part 2: Implementing standards-based Targeted Advertising
Wednesday 28 April, 15:00–16:00 CEST
Moderators: Emily Dubs (DVB Project) with Jörn Krieger (HbbTV Association)
Agenda & Presenters
The TA standards, end to end
- What are the different components of a Targeted Advertising solution from headend to receiver?
- Where do the DVB and HbbTV TA standards map onto those components?
- Overview of the French scenario for TA on DTT
Shifting to a standards-based approach in Italy
Angelo Pettazzi, Senior Strategic Marketing Manager, Mediaset
- How has Mediaset prepared for the deployment of standards-based TA in Italy?
Looking forward: DVB-TA using watermarking
Joe Winograd, Chief Technology Officer, Verance
- What advantages will watermarking bring for TA implementers?
- Other TA technology advances on the horizon
Reducing fragmentation: future cross-industry collaboration
Pascal Jezequel, Global Solutions Architect, Harmonic
- Taking steps towards improving interoperability between the new TA solutions for DTT and already deployed (and still standards-based) solutions on STBs, IPTV, OTT, etc.
- A future holistic vision
DVB-TA & DVB-DASH
Rufael Mekuria, Head of Research & Standardization, Unified Streaming
- Extending TA for DVB-DASH
- Cooperation with SCTE and others
- You will have an opportunity to post questions for all of our speakers