Webinar: DASH: from on-demand to large scale live for premium services
Originally planned as a full conference session for DVB World 2020 (which was cancelled in light of the COVID-19 situation), this webinar looks at the latest developments with DASH, covering several aspects: low latency, ad insertion, bandwidth prediction, and multi-DRM.
It took place on Tuesday 31 March 2020 and was moderated by Per Fröjdh (Ericsson), Chair of DASH-IF Promotions Working Group
Presented in collaboration with the DASH Industry Forum, a programme partner for DVB World 2020.
- The DASH Industry Forum, who we are and what we do – Thomas Stockhammer (Qualcomm) (direct jump to YouTube)
- Meeting live broadcast requirements – the latest on DASH low latency! – Will Law (Akamai) (direct jump to YouTube)
- Ad insertion in live content – pre, mid and post rolling – Zachary Cava (Hulu) (direct jump to YouTube)
- Bandwidth prediction for multi-bitrate streaming at low latency – Ali Begen (Comcast) (direct jump to YouTube)
- Implementing DASH low latency in FFmpeg – Jean-Baptiste Kempf (VideoLAN) (direct jump to YouTube)
- Managing multi-DRM with DASH – Laurent Piron (NAGRA) (direct jump to YouTube)