Next Generation Audio in DVB (March 2019)
The Audio Video Coding (AVC) experts of DVB have been working to introduce Next Generation Audio (NGA) to the DVB specifications over a number of years. This webinar marked the publication of the latest version of TS 101 154, DVB’s guidelines for the use of video and audio coding in broadcast and broadband applications, incorporating NGA.
- The new capabilities of NGA and the audience benefits they offer, which may be greater than you realize.
- Allowing more user choice while retaining creative control.
- Key concepts, such as the renderer.
- Relevant standards, what’s in them and where to find them.
- Simon Tuff, Principal Technologist BBC
- Wolfgang Schildbach, Dolby
- Ted Laverty, DTS – Xperi
- Adrian Murtaza, Fraunhofer IIS