Super Early Bird registration for DVB World 2020
An outline programme for DVB World 2020 has been published and registration has opened. Super Early Bird rates are available, offering a steep discount on the full registration fee.
The event will take place in Valencia, Spain, from 9 to 11 March. The outline programme provides an overview of the sessions and topics to be covered:
- Inspiration & Exploration – a look beyond the perimeter of DVB’s current work at developments in areas such as user behaviour, content production, esports and the wider video distribution market.
- Cash cow seeks new pastures! – DVB’s broadcasting standards serve as the cash cow for the industry, but can they deliver even more in the years ahead?
- DVB-I: now and next – how can the industry take full advantage of DVB-I, which promises to make broadband delivery of linear audiovisual content as user-friendly as classical broadcast?
- Delivering TV online – how do DVB-DASH, CMAF and other streaming standards come together in a viable ecosystem for broadband-delivered linear television?
- 5G: all aboard? – there’s plenty of hype around 5G, but where and when should the broadcast industry be paying most attention?
DVB will collaborate with the Ultra HD Forum for a session on UHD formats & codecs, asking what are the technologies and standards that have got UHD to where it is and what do we need to reach the next level.
As usual, the event will open with a pre-conference masterclass. The topic for 2020 will be “Deploying DVB-I Services”, with modules covering encoding and packaging aspects, DVB-I service lists and programme guides, and DVB-I clients.
Broadband TV News will be the official media partner for DVB World 2020. Its editor, Julian Clover, will once again serve as master of ceremonies throughout the event in Valencia.
The first DVB World 2020 sponsor to be announced is Technicolor. Find information on sponsorship and exhibition opportunities on the website.