Portugal Telecom releases plans for DTT

Portugal Telecom has revealed its plans for DTT, which will be actioned if its recent bid is successful.
PT’s proposal is for a service called Meo TD, based on Meo via IPTV and Meo Sat to start this year.
PT would aim for analogue switch off at the end of 2010 and also plans to cover 100% of Portugal with a Free-to-view signal, 87% by DTT and the remaining 13% by satellite.
Its Pay-TV service should be available in 87% of the country.
Source: Rapid TV News
Item added: 29th April 2008