Government approves DTT package

The government has approved an additional DTT aid grant of €96 million. This aid will be made available to the 150,000-200,000 television households outside the DTT coverage area, for the purchase of DTH satellite receiving equipment. Although by the time of analogue TV switch off DTT coverage will be 95%, the remaining 5% will only be able to obtain the TNT programs via satellite.
The aid will amount to approximately €250 per household regardless of their financial situation.
Source: Le Figaro (AFP)
Item added: 21st December 2009