OSMART Workshop #2
Open-Source Media Application Reference Tools
This online workshop, the second in the series, is organized by the DVB Project and the 5G Media Action Group in collaboration with several other organizations. It is open to anyone with an interest in open-source reference tools for use in the context of media applications.
You can see the agenda from last year’s inaugural OSMART Workshop here – and also download the slides that were presented.
This year’s workshop will run across two days:
- Wednesday 6 December, 16:00-18:30 CET – quickfire presentations on project roadmaps and deliverables
- Thursday 7 December, 16:00-18:00 CET – structured discussion to highlight synergies across the projects presented the previous day and agreement on some next steps
The agenda is updated regularly as new presentations and speakers are confirmed.
- Updates on Reference Tools for 5G Media Streaming – by Richard Bradbury, BBC
- Updates on Reference Tools for 5G Broadcast – by Klaus Kühnhammer, Bitstem
- Initial contribution on Reference Tools for eXtended Reality (XR) – by Nils Duval, MotionSpell, and Imed Bouazizi, Qualcomm
- Updates on CTA WAVE Media Streaming Test Suite – Louay Bassbouss (Fraunhofer FOKUS)
- Updates on Joint Content Conformance Project (JCCP) – by Romain Bouqueau, MotionSpell, and Daniel Silhavy, Fraunhofer FOKUS
- DASH-IF livesim2 – a test ground for live DASH streaming – by Torbjörn Einarsson, Eyevinn Technology
- dash.js – The open-source DASH Reference Player – by Daniel Silhavy, Fraunhofer FOKUS
- DVB-I Reference Application: latest updates and future plans – by Juha Joki, Sofia Digital
- Overview of HbbTV’s DASH-DRM Reference Application – by Bob Campbell, Resillion
- Enhancing File Format Standardization: Introducing the MPEG Systems File Format Conformance Framework – by Dimitri Podborski, Apple
- Updates on Common Media Player library – by SVTA
- Updates on Open Caching – by SVTA