DVB will once again be present at Europe’s largest media exhibition and conference. The DVB booth will be in its usual location in Hall 1 (1.D81) and this year we will be marking the DVB Project’s 25th anniversary.
You can register now to attend the IBC2018 exhibition free-of-charge. Simply enter the following customer code when asked:
> Register to attend
We will present a showcase of the state of the art in hybrid media delivery using broadcast and broadband networks, including DVB-T2, DVB-DASH, HbbTV and DVB-CSS, as well as an interoperability demo of DVB-SIS and a conceptual demo of Low Latency DASH.
Hybrid Terrestrial & OTT Delivery
- Linear HDTV delivered over DVB-T2 and DVB-DASH, integrated in the same EPG seamlessly for the end user
- Additional UHD content accessed via HbbTV app
- Additional synchronized audio channels accessed via a second screen using DVB-CSS
- Interactive HbbTV apps
- Single Illumination System combining DVB-S2 distribution with DVB-T2 contribution, demonstrating interoperability between different manufacturers
Low Latency DASH
- A conceptual demonstration of the benefits of Low Latency DASH, currently in development as a DVB specification
Demo partner: Harmonic
Free Conference Session:
DVB will host a free conference session on Friday 14 September at 11:30. Titled “DVB at 25: end of the line or start of a new adventure?”, it will feature a keynote speech by MX1 CEO Wilfried Urner, followed by a high level panel discussion about the future role for DVB.
DVB Cocktail Reception
Join us to celebrate DVB’s 25th birthday at an extra-special cocktail reception on the DVB booth.
Friday 14 September, 17:00-19:00
We’re grateful to our sponsors for the DVB Cocktail Reception: