DVB @ IBC2022
Come and meet your DVB colleagues at IBC2022, from 9 to 12 September in Amsterdam. Several member companies are working to deliver technology demonstrations that will show the benefits of the latest IP and internet-centric DVB specifications. Find us in Hall 1, stand 1.B73.
You can also hear from several DVB leaders and experts at our joint conference session with IEEE BTS. Find out more…
DVB will showcase its role in unifying the delivery of media across all networks and devices, through two multi-partner demos, focused on DVB-I and DVB Native IP.
DVB-I. Better than broadcast. Better than broadband.
Combining the power of broadcast with the flexibility of broadband.
- Optimize the usage of all available delivery networks, reducing cost and complexity, while streamlining the transition to fully hybrid distribution
- Fast-track the launch of enhanced and personalized services like immersive audio, higher resolutions, targeted advertising, accessibility features, and more
- Reach a wider range of connected devices while maintaining compatibility with legacy receivers and ensuring prominence for public services
Two TV sets with native DVB-I clients will be shown, along with several portable devices. One of the sets will show services from a dedicated DVB@IBC2022 service list, while the other will showcase the newly launched German DVB-I Pilot.
Partners: Ateme, Dolby, DTG Testing, Eutelsat, Qualcomm, Rai, rbb, TP Vision, Vestel
Download our DVB-I demo handout here (PDF).
It’s streaming. It’s broadcast. It’s Native IP.
Enabling standards-based OTT delivery on DVB broadcast networks.
- Create new business opportunities using existing infrastructure
- Deliver broadcast quality to all devices, even in low-connectivity areas and mobility contexts
- Reduce cost and complexity of media distribution with a single converged platform
- Simplify content personalization, e.g. targeted ad insertion, regionalization, etc.
- Improve sustainability by eliminating duplicated streaming sessions
Two live satellite feeds are received on native IP gateways serving a range of receivers, with or without internet connectivity.
One feed uses DVB-S2X transmission with generic stream encapsulation (DVB-GSE) to carry multicast ABR streams. At the DVB-NIP gateway, the streams are converted back to unicast to feed IP-enabled devices with typical OTT formats.
A second feed, over DVB-S2, uses multi-protocol encapsulation (DVB-MPE) instead of DVB-GSE, to leverage legacy devices and enable a smoother transition phase. This is an optional backwards-compatible mode in DVB-NIP.
Partners: Broadpeak, EasyBroadcast, EKT, ENENSYS Technologies, Eutelsat, Quadrille Ingénierie, SES, ST Engineering iDirect
Download our DVB-NIP demo handout here (PDF).
A chance to catch up with old friends and make some valuable new connections within the wider DVB family. Join us on the opening day of IBC 2022, on Friday 9 September from 17:00 to 19:00 on the DVB booth (1.B73).