DVB World 2012 Programme
March 12-14, Crowne Plaza – St. Peter’s Hotel, Rome
The preliminary programme for DVB World 2012 has been published and you can now see some of the key sessions, themes, topics and speaker on the updated website.
DVB World is the biggest annual gathering dedicated to DVB standards, services and technology. It attracts more than 200 delegates from around the world, representing both DVB member companies and non-members. It offers an unequalled opportunity to hear about the latest DVB-related developments, with an emphasis on useful information and informed analysis rather than commercial pitches.
2012 marks a special year in the world of digital broadcasting as it is the year where most European terrestrial TV services will switch off the analogue signals and will move exclusively to digital. The worldwide deployment of the DVB-T and DVB-T2 terrestrial standards has been a big success. How have DVB and its members contributed to this success and how will they continue to do so in the future of digital TV?
A second key theme of DVB World 2012 is efficiency. The conference will cover the efficiency of the DVB standards development process, spectrum efficiency and energy efficiency.
On top of a conference programme full of interesting DVB topics, DVB World 2012 will also offer an excellent opportunity for networking during the breaks, lunch and the evening event on the first day…
DVB World 2012: “2012: Analogue Off. DVB On!”
- To be announced soon!
- Multi-Room & Multi-Screen TV, Stefan Jenzowsky (Siemens)
- Video Over Mobile Networks
- Analogue Satellite Switch-Off
- DVB in Singapore, Tan Sze Siang (MDA Singapore)
- DVB in Italy, Marco Pellegrinato (Mediaset)
- DVB-T2 in Africa
- DVB-T2 in Sweden, Lars Backlund (Teracom)
- DVB-T2 in Mobile & Portable Applications
- CI Plus v1.4, John Adam (Samsung)
- DVB-3DTV Update, David Wood (EBU)
- The Hybrid TV Landscape, Klaus Illgner (IRT)
- The Regulator Perspective
- The Telecom Perspective
- The Consumer Electronics/Automotive Perspective
- Future of Broadcasting, Mark Richer (ATSC)
- Dynamic Broadcasting & Spectrum Efficiency, Ulrich Reimers (TUBS)
- The Regulatory Landscape
- The Carbon Footprint of Mobile Phones
- Energy & Spectrum Efficient Transmitters
- Energy & Spectrum Efficient Receiver
- Consumer Electronics Perspective
- Dynamic Broadcasting & Energy Efficiency, Pablo Angueira (Bilbao University)
- UHDTV, 3DTV and More, David Wood, EBU
Visit www.dvbworld.org for information on:
- Full programme
- Registration details – Registration will be activated soon!
- Hotel booking
See you in Rome on March 12th!