DVB-T2 Demo @ ABU Symposium
March 8 to 11, 2011: As part of this year’s Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union’s Digital Broadcasting Symposium in Kuala Lumpur in a pre-conference event, the DVB will be co-hosting an important 4-day DVB-T2 field trial to showcase the technology and its superior capabilities. Also scheduled to coincide with the field trial is a DVB-T2 transmission workshop that will present implementation and operational aspects of the second-generation digital terrestrial transmission system. The field measurements and results of the field trial will be presented later in the week at the Symposium Conference.
Visitors to the DVB booth (No. 22) at the exhibition can see live DVB-T2 transmissions of HD content that is received using commercially available set-top boxes (ADB).
DVB technologies figure prominently in the official conference programme and include the following presentations:
- DVB-T2 with Next Generation Handheld (NGH) – Gerard Faria, Teamcast
- Approaching 3DTV: Studio Facilities and Delivery over DVB-T, Richard Redmond, Harris
- DVB-T2 Implementation: Sharing Experience based on Field Measurements, Richard Redmond, Harris
- Implementation Aspects of DVB-T2: Field Trials in Malaysia, John Bigeni, DVB
- Advance Business Models Using DVB-T2 Multi-PLP, Laurent Roul, ENENSYS Technologies
DVB representatives and technology experts will be on hand to answer queries and provide information on the implementation of the world’s most successful set of technical standards for DTV. DVB’s open, interoperable standards form the basis of services on every continent with more than half a billion receivers now deployed.
The DVB acknowledges the support of the following DVB Members for their contribution to the technology demonstrations: ADB, BBC, Rohde & Schwarz and S & T.
Full DVB press release