DVB Scene 58: video codecs, DVB-I over 5G, terrestrial UHD, and more
You can now download the September 2021 issue of DVB Scene.
The new issue of DVB Scene magazine includes articles covering a wide range of DVB solutions and specifications, from the ongoing work on video codecs, Native IP and DVB-I over 5G, to market developments related to terrestrial UHD and CI Plus.
There’s also a call from BBC’s Jigna Chandaria for a renewed focus on sustainability from the outset of specification development, while DVB chair Peter MacAvock highlights the culture clash that can emerge when companies with roots in the broadcast and CE sector seek common ground with those emerging from the world of the web.
Stuart Savage (LG Electronics) provides an update on DVB’s work to identify how it can usefully support the implementation of the EU’s Audiovisual Media Services Directive.
- The future media ecosystem is taking shape – Head of Technology Emily Dubs on the impressive line-up for DVB DEMOS 2021
- A word from the PCM chair – Elfed Howells (Huawei)
- Setting the right standard, in the right place, at the right time – DVB chair, Peter MacAvock (EBU)
- Farewell to the silos: harmonizing broadcast TV and cellular networks – Thomas Stockhammer (Qualcomm) on DVB-I over 5G
- Facilitating next gen broadcasting with Native IP – Thomas Wrede (Technology Vision Consulting)
- New video codecs for DVB services: fast forward to 2024… – Jason Power (Dolby)
- Successful trial of 4K over DVB-T2/HEVC for TVP during Euro 2020 – Marcin Klepacki (Telewizja Polska)
- Enhancing the audio experience – Tomasz Musialski (Dolby Poland)
- A UHD boost for DTT in Iran – Fatemeh Fallahi (IRIB R&D)
- A proactive approach to European media regulation – Stuart Savage (LG Electronics)
- A new direct-to-TV experience thanks to CI Plus 2.0 and USB – Erik Gazzoni (SmarDTV)
- DVB’s role in the fight against climate change – Jigna Chandaria (BBC)