DVB Scene 57: Targeted Advertising, DVB-I, new video codecs, and more
You can now download the March 2021 issue of DVB Scene magazine.
The cover of the latest issue of DVB Scene celebrates the availability of a complete standards-based solution for Targeted Advertising, thanks to the specifications from DVB and HbbTV.
An article from Stefano Braghieri of Mediaset (page 10) describes the Italian broadcaster’s tests to prepare for the market launch of its implementation of DVB-TA and HbbTV-TA. Meanwhile, Paola Colombo of Mediaset’s advertising agency Publitalia ’80 outlines some of the new opportunities now open to advertisers (page 12).
You can find progress reports on key DVB work items such as Native IP and video codecs, along with updates on DVB-I and the new DVB-HB specification.
Finally, those who have been involved with DVB since its earliest days will enjoy reading tales from the development of SimulCrypt, as shared by some of the people who led that groundbreaking work, recently honoured with an Emmy Award.
- Ready for the challenge – Head of Technology Emily Dubs on DVB’s ambitious current mandate
- A word from the PCM chair – Elfed Howells on his new role
- Internet-centric, broadcast-bred: a challenging mix – Peter MacAvock on DVB’s changing role
- Developing the DVB-I reference client: an unexpectedly adventurous journey – Juha Joki (Sofia Digital)
- Enabling enhanced linear TV experiences with DVB-I – Jan Müller (Dolby)
- Why specify new video codecs in DVB? – Jan Outters (SES) & Jason Power (Dolby)
- DVB Native IP: fast track to DTH 2.0? – Jean-Claude Sachot (Broadpeak)
- Targeted Advertising: from specification to implementation – Stefano Braghieri (Mediaset)
- A leap forward in TV advertising efficiency – Paola Colombo (Publitalia ‘80)
- New V&V test package for DVB-S2X beam hopping – Avi Freedman (Satixfy)
- An oral history of the birth of DVB SimulCrypt – Robin Crossley, David Cutts, Andrew Glasspool and Erik Lambert
- DVB-HB: an in-home bridge from broadcast to IP – Davide Milanesio (Rai)
- Mission accomplished: Russia’s massive analogue switch-off project – Andrey Chernikov (RTRN)
- New DVB solutions for a post-pandemic world? – David Wood (EBU Technology and Innovation)
- Ofcom shines a light on technology futures for media – Simon Parnall (Ofcom)