DVB @ ABU DBS 2012
DVB and more than 10 DVB members will be presenting and demonstrating DVB-T2 technologies at the Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) Digital Broadcasting Symposium in Kuala Lumpur from March 6 to 9.
Visitors of the DVB booth (No. 25) can see a combined DVB-T2 transmission of 3D, HD and SD content in a single multiplex. The use of this Multiple PLP technology demonstrates the flexibility of the most advanced DTT standard. This demo is supported by DVB members Teamcast and Sony with a T2 modulator and DVB-T2 TV’s.
Next to the exhibition, DVB is also participating at the conference and is hosting a DVB workshop:
- “DVB-T2 the Green Standard”, John Bigeni, DVB SE Asia Representative (March 7)
- “DVB-T to DVB-T2: Fundamentals to Planning”, DVB Workshop with John Bigeni and Gerard Faria, CTO Teamcast (March 8)
The workshop will discuss the basic fundamentals of the underlying key technology of COFDM modulation, the similarities and differences between DVB-T & DVB-T2 and the key technologies that makes this 2nd Generation standard the most efficient transmission standard in the world today. The workshop will also cover the characteristics of DVB-T2 and how a service can be planned to achieve required payload or coverage objectives, including SFN networks.
Finally, many other DVB members will be presenting at the conference and will be hosting workshops related to DVB and DVB-T2:
- T-VIPS Workshop: DVB-T2 Implementation
- Rohde & Schwarz Workshop
- Media Broadcast Workshop: DVB-T2 Trial in Singapore
- Mobile Multi Media Using T2, Gerard Faria, Teamcast
- Surround Sound for DVB-T2, Jason Power, Dolby
- Feeding DVB-T2 Transmitters, Janne T Morstol, T-VIPS
- DTV Transmitter Networks, Nils Ahres, Rohde & Schwarz
- DVB-T2 Consideration in Business Models, Richard Redmond, Harris
- World Largest DVB-T2 Deployment, Laurent Roul, Enensys Technologies