DTT receiver sales near 6.7 million

The number of DTT receivers sold between February 2004 and November 2007 reached 6,697,516 according to research from GfK Marketing Services commissioned by DGTVi, reports advanced-television.com.
Decoders made up 82.3% (5,510,580) of the total with TV’s with integrated tuners making up the remaining 17.7% (1,186,936).
Decoders with no interactive capability amounted to 4.8% (265,433). Decoders acquired without government subsidy accounted for 57.8% (3,184,370) of the total.
Source: advanced-television.com
Item added: 5th February 2008