Cable has slow take up

Although analogue cable TV is viewed by 39% of TV households in Austria, only 3% have opted for digital cable television.
The figures come from a report on digitisation presented to the Parliament, comments Rapid TV News.
The report is also quoted as saying that by mid-2008, 47% of the 3.4 million TV households were already receiving digital television, whilst the remaining 53% still relied on analogue television.
The main increase in the take up of digital TV has been via satellite delivery, followed by digital terrestrial TV, DTT.
By June 2008 the numbers of DTT receivers sold had reached 535,000 and DTT coverage was around 90% of households a figure that should rise to 95% by the completion of analogue switch off in 2011.
Source: Rapid TV News
Item added: 2nd March 2009